View the meeting recording here. The passcode for recording is #hhj.2hF
MULTI-AGENCY MEETING ON COFFEE LEAF RUST #10
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6, 2021 9:30AM
Teleconferencing via ZOOM
o Scott Enright - ag consultant
o Iokepa Command - works for Senator Kanuha
● Continuing surveying neighboring islands, feral coffee land. No islands identified CLR except Kona on Hawaii Island, Maui, and a sample sent from Lanai
o Maui - Ka’anapali area has been infested
● Outreach to community that does not have access to WiFi
o Working with Andrea and Public Information Specialist, drafting a PSA. Identified two radio stations on island to help move information. No update on timeline.
o Will look into printed material. HCA can approve expenditures of funds if needed.
▪ CLR has been identified at Maui Grown on Ka’anapali
● Identified on all varieties grown, mostly at higher elevations
o Two types of Typica, Red Catuai, Yellow Caturra, Mokka
▪ Showing up on Typica and a little bit on Mokka
● Dryer climate but any fields that don’t have weeds under trees CLR has not been identified. Weed free keeps moisture down and doesn’t foster environment for spore growth. Non-scientific but useful for general/cultural practice on farm.
▪ Section 18 Application
● Met yesterday and looking at package, getting information needed. Getting intouch with BASF and two people internal to BASF are handling manufacturing side.
● By next week, we should know where we stand on finalizing section 18 document and in meantime, focusing on getting material to Hawaii.
● Hopefully early Feb can get material in state
● Still need acreage count of coffee on Hawaii Island
o Needed Island by island
For complete notes, click here.