Social Media

Upcoming events

  • No upcoming events
Log in

Hawaii Department of Agriculture
Statement of Complaint Process

Are you owed back payments from your processor? You may have recourse!

You can file a complaint against your processor with the Hawaii Department of Agriculture. Hawaii Administrative Rules, Section 4-48-12 states that the HDOA will investigate your claim for past due payments owed you from your processor.

To begin an investigation into your claim you need to fill out a complaint form which can be obtained from the HDOA office located at 82-6130 Mamalahoa Hwy, Captain Cook, HI 96704 or you can obtain a complaint form on line at the Hawaii Coffee Association web site located at:

HDOA Statement of Complaint - Form DL-14 

click here to open and/or download a copy

Fill out the complaint form with your statement of claim and the HDOA will initiate an investigation. The investigation can lead to payment being made to you and/or the loss of the processors license to purchase coffee cherry or parchment coffee in the future.

If you need advice or assistance with this process you can contact the Hawaii Department of Agriculture:

Ed Kise - Hawaii Department of Agriculture (Kona)                            323-7590

Keith Otsuka - Hawaii Department of Agriculture (Honolulu)            832-0709

This notice is supported by the Hawaii Coffee Association, the Kona Coffee Council and the Kona Coffee Farmers Association

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software